abbreviations

To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: abbreviations
From: SEBroerman@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 23:33:18 EST
List-

OK, I give. What does BTW stand for? Although I'm from this side "of the
pond,"
I haven't been able to figure this one out. It's probably obvious.

I'm rebuilding the hydraulics of my entire brake and clutch systems and I
want to convert to silicone fluid. I understand that I need to replace every
seal as the silicone
fluid is not compatible with the DOT 4 that's in there now. How hard is it to
rebuild the front calipers? Anything I should be cautious about? Special
tools required? Also
while I have the brake and clutch MC's  apart, I want to shine them up to
give 'em their original finish. Any suggestions? I've also got the brake
servo out and I'm cleaning that up. Some fluid (brake?) came out of the white
check valve when I turned it upside down. Any chance that this fluid could
degrade the diaphragm inside the servo? It always seemed to work fine, just
wanted to ask while I have it out. Should I replace the check valve while I'm
at it?
TIA

Steve
'72 CC75294L