Re: 2nd question for the list RE fan blade for TR6 heater

To: <Mlinthcsa@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2nd question for the list RE fan blade for TR6 heater
From: "Paul Johnson" <pjonmanana@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 21:40:06 -0600
Mike

I think you would be well served to either file the shaft to fit the blade
or adapt the blade to your new shaft.  Be very careful of changing blades;
the design is quite complicated.  The pitch of the blades determines not
only the amount of air being moved, and the speed of that air, but as a
result, the speed of the motor.  You could wind up with an incorrect blade
on there that would result in very high rpm of the motor.  This might give
you nice hot air for a time, but the brushes would not last very long.
There are a finite number of revolutions the motor can make before the
brushes (or commutator) are gone.

Good luck,
Paul
'72 6