Late Model Rear Bumper

To: 6 Pack TR6 List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Late Model Rear Bumper
From: James Henningsen <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 10:22:46 -0500
Has anyone successfully installed a late model rear bumper without
putting on the bumper over riders?  I am trying to get a nice clean look
on the bumpers and don't like the overriders. But, the rear overriders
have a support frame that goes between the rear bumper mounting holes
and the car. I installed the rear bumper without the overriders and
bracket and noticed a gap between the bumper and car where it mounts to
the rear of the car.  This gap is quyite noticeable once you install the
corner bars.  The bracket for the overriders usually goes in this spot.
  Has anyone used a rubber square buffer to take up this slack?  What
have others done?  I hate to put those beasts back on the bumper.

Thanks in advance
Jim Henningsen
Kissimmee, FL