Re: Rimmer Bros

To: <Vjromano1@aol.com>, "Web_disscusion List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rimmer Bros
From: "Richard Seaton" <RSH17@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:49:22 -0600
  I just received an order from Revington TR (nice guys) and shipping cost
were quite high 68.15 pounds (about $97.00 USD). I got the items very quick
after they were shipped about 5-6 days. The conversion seem to hurt, 1.43 USD/
1.00 pounds. I got some items from them which I couldn't locate in the states.
  I've heard bad things about Rimmer, but don't know anything firsthand.

This is what I bought from Revington if you are interested in prices or any
one else for that manner. Approx USDS. Revington accepts credit cards. One
part was missing from my order and they agreed to ship it out , no problems
there. I've received timely responses from Martin Jay by e-mail.

Battery Box Repair Section (lower bottom)   $56.65
T/O Bearing         $46.78
T/O Bearing Sleave (bronze) $20.02
Body Mnt Bolts    $26.28
Body Mnt Spacers  $42.90
Fender Mnt Kit (both)  $24.17
1/4 Panel Mnt (both)   $18.59
Wheel Arch Support (Body panel under master cylinder)  $26.45
 Tube Shock Kit W/ adj  Shocks (mount inside of rear springs)  $314.24

  I also got some frame parts from CTM Engineering (www.ctmengineering.co.uk)
(another nice Brit)
2 Trailing Arms $50.50
Lower Cruciform $21.52
Upper Cruciform $15.01
19" Rear Left Hand Frame Section above muffler $20.00

These are in USD Freight was $85.00
CTM has some frame repair sections which I wasn't able to find in the states,
but CTM doesn't take credit cards, which adds another fee since you will have
to transfer the funds to him in British pounds (about a $35.00 bank fee)

Richard
'69 In the works, off the frame as of Saturday. No unexpected surprises. Just
used an engine hoist to lift her off the frame after putting angle irons in
between the A & B post and put here to rest on a SPARE 1974 frame.