clutch question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch question
From: Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:33:01 -0600
I've been lucky for almost 10 years... but the dreaded "what's with the
clutch" disease seems to be manifesting.

I replaced the transmission this past summer and installed a new disk,
pressure plate and throw out bearing.  The push rod from the slave cylinder
to the clutch release lever had to be put in the hole closest to the pivot
point to allow the clutch to fully disengage in 1st/2nd/reverse.  This has
been fine for ~9 months but now it crunches just a little bit going into
1st and 2nd.  I'm wondering if the fork retaining pin, which was new last
summer, is backing off or even broken.

Any suggestions?

Rob
74 TR6 daily dribbler with occasionally crunchy bits