Original oil filter

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Original oil filter
From: YeOldEd@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:43:11 EST
Hi folks! Urgently need help!
Having had no luck stopping leaks from my spin-on adapter, (I think it may be
a touch out of round), I decided to return to the original canister for the
time being.
Here's the problem. The can and bolt are on the bench. In goes the spring
followed by the relief valve. Then the new filter. Now comes the star shaped
spacer. Trouble is, it looks to me like this spacer can rotate about 90
degrees, effectively preventing the flow of filtered oil back to the engine.
Where am I going wrong? I look forward to your amused remarks, or you could
call me at 949 858 7985.
Thanks.