Re: Emission Control

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Emission Control
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:50:24 -0500
Mark,

I believe that the breather connection on the valve cover is straight
through with no valve.  The valves are in the ECV on the intake manifold (on
the 68 & 69 engines at least).

It is my guess that the lower flap valve opens upon accel. as the vacuum
increases in the manifold.  It looks as though the upper valve begins to
close this same opening under extremely high vacuum.  I don't know why that
would be the case, but that's what it looks like.

Peter
'68 TR250