Re: '69 TR6 questions

To: Joe18d@aol.com
Subject: Re: '69 TR6 questions
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 15:07:44 +0000
HI Joe:

I own a 1969 TR6 here in the Northwest.  All TR6 seats have headrests.  The
early seats (I'm not sure when they were changed) had a folding headrest
that was much larger and higher than the later ones.  Perhaps your seats are
from a completely different car or Triumph model.  You should also have pins
on the dashtop and three snaps on each door to secure a tonneau cover.

In the engine bay look for an old style distributor with vacuum advance and
retard fittings.  The air cleaner has two "snouts" for air intake on the
front of the unit.  There will be a definite lack of emission control
equipment.

The "TR6" badges should appear on the rear wings.  The Union Jack badge
appeared  a little later.  The bumpers, obviously, did not have the rubber
overriders.  There are, I'm sure, lots of other differences that other
Listers will point out.  Good luck with your purchase.

Best reards,
Walt Fogle
Woodinville, WA