Brake Rebuild

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Rebuild
From: "Dan H. Detweiler" <dandet@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:52:43 -0500
Hi Folks,

I am currently in the middle of a complete brake rebuild and I am to the point
of reinstalling the front brake caliper pistons. I have the inner seals in but
for the life of me I can not figure out the orientation of the piston dust
covers and how the circlip retains it. If I put the retaining clip on the lip
of the piston itself then the cover slips off when the piston in incerted
fully in the cylider. The only other place the circlip make sense to go is on
the rim of the cylinder wall of the caliper itself. If I try to put it there I
can't get the rubber rim of the dust cover under the clip. Any help on the
matter would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan H. Detweiler
'70 TR6