How to rebuild fuel pump

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: How to rebuild fuel pump
From: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 16:53:31 -0800
Hello all !

Once again, I turn to you for some guidence.

I have looked all over the Internet to see if I could find some "How to"
instructions on rebuilding the Fuel Pump (with prime leaver) on the TR6 motor
(Is on my TVR 2500M) and did not find a ruddy thing !

What leads me to this rebuild is my car died at the side of the road yesterday.
Fired up again after a short wait (wondering what to do...) made it 300'.
Waited 15 min's and it fired up again and I made it home(just) which was about
5 mins's drive and had to feather the gas peddle and keep RPM's low. My car
died because of fuel starvation for sure (rebuilt the carbs last week which
solve many a problems I had) and has run great since. Yes, there was lots of
gas in the tank.

When I go to lift the prime lever I get next to no gas pumped in to the filter
up by the carbs, when there should be a real good "squirt". I lift the lever
and nothing.... a rebuild for sure ?

Please, any one have or know of any instructions on how to do this ? How to
remove the diaphram and the one way valves ?

I can probably figure it out, but would feel much better if I could read up
first.
Thanks very much.
Pat
Victoria BC