Radiator fans

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Radiator fans
From: mjmullin@juno.com
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:42:26 GMT
Regarding the post on rad. fans......don't buy the Moss 12" fan like I did!  It
cannot keep the engine cool at idle, especially if you've done engine mods.  (I
found out in multiple Philadelphia traffic jams on my way to the Trials in
'98!) I wound up ordering a 14" fan with the highest CFM flow I could find from
Jegs or Summit (drag car suppliers)  It's mounted in front (a pusher) and just
fits between the side channels of the radiator.  Didn't someone on the list fit
a 17"???.....it must overlap the sides a lot!

Its triggered by a probe that slides in between the radiator fins, and I've
also got a manual overide switch to turn it on when I'm feeling nervous.  You
can check/adjust the switch by putting a thermometer in the radiator neck (or
watching the temperature gauge, if you trust it!) and letting the car idle
until the fan comes on.  I set mine to trigger when the gauge reads just over
halfway.  For normal crusing the gauge reads just under halfway.

Hope this answers some of your questions!

Matt Mullin, 6-PACK Chair and keeper of CC 28040 LO

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!