Re: evaporating gas?

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: evaporating gas?
From: "Eric Myracle" <eric_myracle@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:20:34 -0400
Dick -
I agree.  BUT, I've seen no evidence of leakage - no stains, no
smells.  That's part of why I'm so puzzled.  I filled up today - about
11 gallons, but I had only traveled about 100 miles.  That's 9 mpg,
which can't possibly be right.  I've had fuel leaks on other cars, and
the smell is always very noticeable.  I figured evaporation since I've
seen no puddles and smelled no smells.  Even when the float bowl
needle valve was sticking on one of my Volvos I didn't lose enough gas
to have such a drastic effect on mileage.

Puzzled,
Eric