Trailing Arm Bushings

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Trailing Arm Bushings
From: Keith Meinhold <keith@navyboy.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 09:25:16 -0800
There was a discussion about removing the bushings from the trailing arm
recently.  I just put in new bushings, springs and tube shock conversion
from BPNW.  Someone suggested burning them out.  I offer an alternative
use a bearing puller.  It was so easy that I had to take photos of the
process.

The link to the photos:
http://www.navyboy.com/bushings/

I should also mention that the car drives sooooo much better now, and I have
not yet aligned the rear suspension yet, it doesnt scare the h*ll out of me
when taking a hard corner anymore.  The replacement springs and bushings did
lower the rear of the car a bit.  Just what I wanted, nice an level. The was
tail high after doing the front springs, bush, etc, a few months ago.  Im
convinced that the bushings were so worn, that they held the tail up.
Unfortunately I didnt take measurements, but I would guess on the order of
> inch lower now.

76 TR6
73 Saab Sonett
68 Volvo 122s