Front engine sealing block

To: triumph mail list <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Front engine sealing block
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 19:13:48 -0400
I Just dropped the oil pan to correct an oil leak from the aluminum
sealing block and noticed all the threaded holes are stripped. I am in
the process of installing helicoils but the two bolts that are used for
the oil pan had already been repaired with heli-coils but failed. I
think the aluminum is brittle.
I just read about a recall on this from June 69 and they describe a
replacement sealing block which matches up in part # to mine. It appears
they suffered from bowing and stripping but the replacement seems to be
only a marginal improvement.
I am thinking about machining in a threaded nut in to the stripped hole,
any thoughts?

--
Mitch Seff
75 TR6