window rattles/carb rebuilds

To: "Triumph Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: window rattles/carb rebuilds
From: "Walt Philipson" <wphilipson@bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:40:22 -0400
My passenger side door window has fallen out of the track. I fixed it a
couple weeks ago and it has come out again. When the window is in the track,
it does not operate smoothly. When rolling it down, the handle will move
(1/2 to full turn) then the window will drop down. This repeats until the
window is fully retracted. Does this mean that my track is bad or could it
be that just the felt is worn. I'm asking this so that I don't have to play
with those nasty pins on the window crank and door handle just for a look.
: )

I'm going to rebuild my carbs. I'd like to do it myself if the throttle
shaft bushings don't need replacement. I've tried spraying carb cleaner next
to the shafts and don't notice any change in rpm.

Thanks

Walt Philipson
wphilipson@bigfoot.com
TR-6    1974