Evaporative tube for TR6 available

To: "triumph list" <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Evaporative tube for TR6 available
From: "Vito Pacione" <vito@argohouston.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 16:43:21 -0500
I don't know if any resellers (or anyone else for that matter) has any
interest, but I had some evaporative tubing made up for my restoration because
I could not find an exact duplicate outer diameter and wall thickness (I had
no idea how much suction there was in the system and was unsure about using a
thinner tube). I had to buy quite a few of these and have just been holding
onto them.

This is the 58" long black plastic tubing that goes from the front of the car
and wraps around the front crossmember and mates to the metal tube. Part
number #216009.

I am now trying to get rid some stuff so I can let go of my storage space. If
anyone is interested I put a bunch of them on ebay. I still have lots left in
case anyone is interested, but I really don't know of a cheap way to mail them
because they won't wrap into a very small diameter and tend to take a little
bit of a set when wrapped (probably not too much of a problem, but still...).
Any sort of long tube costs alot of money so the shipping containers are going
to cost way more then what's inside unless people buy them in bulk. Anyway,
hopefully I can get rid of some of these things and get some room back.

I also have some of the foam pads that go behind the gas tank that I had made
up. There is a short and long pad that's required (I had both made up). I have
boxes that will fit these. i have not had a chance to put these up on eBay
yet.

Thanks!