Re: Restoration/Body Shop

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Restoration/Body Shop
From: ShewFamily@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:57:24 -0400
Anyone on the list from Nashville, Knoxville, Atlanta or Birmingham aware of a
restoration/body shop that will fix body damage on a TR6?  I have tried a few
shops around Chattanooga and no one seems excited about taking the time or the
effort to do the quality job that I will want.  Worse, I don't trust them to do
it right either. There is no frame damage and repairs will be limited to
painting and re-hanging sheet metal, so I may undertake it myself. The only
draw back is that it will be an all summer project if I do it.  On the other
hand, all fenders will come off and it be done right.  The door jams,
under-hood and trunk areas will be repainted as well.  This is important
because I am considering a change in color from Pimento to Signal Red.

Even if I decide to undertake it myself, I will need the names of some good
shops in order to get estimates for the fight I will surely have with my
insurance company.  Thanks.
John Shewmake
'74 TR6
Chattanooga, TN