Inner Axle Shaft Removal

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Inner Axle Shaft Removal
From: "Dan H. Detweiler" <dandet@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:38:39 -0400
Hi folks,

I am trying to replace the oil seals on the inner axle shafts as well as the
pinion oil seal. I have the entire differential off the car and the shafts
with the housing assemblies are off the differential. Are there any tricks to
removing the housing and getting to the oil seals? I have removed the large
nylock nut on the end of the shaft and have tried everything from gear pullers
to really big hammers. So far no luck. Am I missing something or is there so
much pressure on these things that I need to take it to someone with a
hydraulic press? Thanks in advance for any help.

Dan Detweiler
1970 TR6
CC51639