Re: PDWA update

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: PDWA update
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 19:53:15 -0500
    Bob> On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Gary Klein wrote:

    >> I now admit that after the leak surfaced, I did just what you've done
    >> and 3 years later, no problems.  I even sold a pair of o-rings to Bob
    >> Lang on this list.  Say Bob, have you ever installed your o-rings yet
    >> or are you still using the bolt too?  :-D

    Bob> I'm using the o-rings on the race car... it seems to be working
    Bob> fine! That was an early PDWA, BTW from a '69 TR6, comm # CC27777.

That's encouraging.  Did you use o-rings with the early-style shuttle (the
cup seal variety) or did you stick a late-style shuttle in an early PDWA?
If you used the old shuttle, what were the o-ring dimensions?  They wouldn't
be the same as that for the later shuttles which seem to have a larger
diameter under the o-ring.

Skip