Re: Garage Floor Coatings

To: 74@tr6world.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Garage Floor Coatings
From: Pimento73@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:13:04 EDT
In a message dated 7/30/02 1:59:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 74@tr6world.com
writes:

> http://www.ucoatit.com/ucoathome.html  I didn't have time to do it myself,
> so I paid someone to apply it for me.  The end result was a stunning floor.
>  It looked like some of the Auto dealers that have the grey floor with
> speckled flakes.  I also had them apply the "sand" grit to avoid a slippery
> floor.  Then all of this was topcoated with a high gloss clear coat.

I used u-coat-it and did it myself - results are incredible and i highly
recommend it - i used light grey with gloss clear coat and the anti slip
grit but no flakes.
multi-part water based epoxy is the only way to go, IMHO, but surface
prep is everything - you should have a vapor barrier under the concrete
or risk the entire coating lifting, coating will lift over every grease spot -
or at least so i'm told - mine was a new floor with vapor barrier so i've
had no problems whatsoever.
Be very careful with anti slip grit if you use it - the stuff you you get
with
ucoatit is extremely fine and there isn't much of it but its plenty - you
put it on after the first coat and its invisible - until you put on 2 more
coats
and then each grain becomes about 100 times its original size

Cheers
Jack Mc