TR6 Originality question

To: "triumph list" <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Originality question
From: "Vito Pacione" <vito@argohouston.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 18:30:46 -0600
I have a question about originality on an early 1974 TR6 (actually built in
1973).

I have been told by someone that is very knowledgeable about TR6 cars that the
later cars (later in this case includes 1974's) had a black vinyl covered
gearshift lever. I used to have an original car years ago, but I don't
remember it having this and my car does not have it either. It just has a
chromed gearshift lever.

Can a few people that have original cars (or better yet low mileage original
owners -- I mean the cars not the owners have low mileage :-)   let me know
what their cars have?

Thanks for the help!