SOT: LBC content; no Triumphs

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: SOT: LBC content; no Triumphs
From: Jon & Susan <jsmessier@mail.earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 20:32:10 -0500
While at the store the other day, I came across something I just had to buy
and try; no it wasn't a new tool for the Triumph, it was something better
and it had to be consumed: A British Beer!!!

And here is the interesting part straight from the side of the can:

'Named after an unusual speckled vintage MG car, "Old Speckled Hen" is a
finely balanced, smooth pale ale with a subtle blend of flavours. It owes
its distinctive character to a unique strain of yeast first used in 1896,
and reflects brewing skills developed across more than 280 years of
independent brewing history.'

The logo is the red/maroon octagon with the words "Morland 'Old Speckled
Hen' Fine English Pub Ale."

Has anyone else tried this beer? What about on the other side of the pond,
what type of reputation does this ale have in England?

I am sure not everyone will be amused with the "MG" reference on the
Triumph list, therefore you can respond directly to me.

Thanks and here's to ya - cheers!!

Jon
Fort Wayne, Indiana

"Triumph - More Than A Passion; A Pleasure To Drive"
CF17451U - 1974 TR6 (the car I currently own)
CC60412L - 1971 TR6 (the car I once owned - do you know where it is?)