Breaking 7000RPM

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Breaking 7000RPM
From: "Glen Johnson" <glen@littledevil.com.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:46:20 +1100
Hi guys,

I couldn't help but get interested when Shane started talking about
engine notes and going hard on the tacho.

My Car is fully detailed on www.triumphowners.com.

I have (in short) a fully balanced, injected motor with extractors, K&N,
custom ignition and so on.

I took the old girl out for a quick bash last week and pulled 7200RPM
(well the tacho just didn't go any further so it may have been more) and
DAMN it was nice.  The noise was quite insane - smooth but a scream -
and it wanted to go harder.  I've been going easy on the new motor and
only going to 6500RPM but I had a passenger and he needed cheering up so
I dumped it at an intersection in 1st and just kept the foot down until
I got scared.

I wouldn't do this for very long as I reckon the crank will let go but
for anyone that wants to rev hard I suggest they check over my motor at
the link below - because I've successfully got it revving.

Regards,

Glen Johnson
[Site Designer]
1977 2500 S (INJECTED)