Body Mounting Bolts

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Body Mounting Bolts
From: "John Zimmerman" <JohnZimmerman@vandorndemag.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:58:26 -0500
When I removed the body on the 6, I seem to remember a putty like substance on
the threads of the bolts and under the washers on the floor pans.  I assume
this was to keep any water from coming up through the mounting holes in the
floor.  Is this the same stuff used to hold the spacers in place when lowering
the body back  down.  Is this a 3M product?  Any input would be  greatly
appreciated before I put it back down.  There is a light at the end of the
tunnel!

Thanks,
John Z