Gas in my oil - suggestions?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Gas in my oil - suggestions?
From: richard.r.olson@faa.gov
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:36:42 -0500
Started my stock 1972 TR6 this morning after letting it sit in the garage
for 5 days.  Waited for about 2 minutes, still showed zero oil pressure
(normally runs about 45-50 warm).  Checked for leaks, etc, found none.
Checked the dipstick and it showed about 4" of liquid (2" above the FULL
line).  Smelled a lot like gas.

Drained the oil/gas mixture, totaled about 8 quarts.  Replaced with fresh
oil and filter.  Haven't started the car, yet.

I rebuilt my fuel pump about 2 months ago, it was leaking out of the top.
Only replaced the diaphram and gaskets, not the 2 valves as they were
staked in and the local LBC shop suggested not to mess with them if they
were staked.

I assume that the only way for gas to enter the oil is through a leak in
the pump, right?  (the rebuild DID fix the external leak)
Could the 2 valves in the pump be suspect?
Time for a new pump???
Should I be looking for any problems caused by this unwanted engine flush??

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks,
Rick Olson
Galloway, NJ