Re: Great pics!

To: Gary Fluke <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Great pics!
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:25:53 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Gary Fluke wrote:

> Does anybody have an idea what the power and weight of this C-Production car
> would be?

I don't have exact numbers, but the Kastner PI numbers were up in the 190
HP range and went up to over 250 with a lot of tweaking.

The cars (scca production class TR6's) would have had to weigh about 2300
pounds in race trim, so the numbers are pretty near the 10 pounds per HP
magic number.

I can't speak for others, but I have driven my race car with about 150 HP
and 2000 pounds, and the thing accelerates like a rocket. The 4.88 gears
help too.

> Gary
> '73

vrooomm, screech!
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |