RE: Spin-On Oil Filter

To: <orthen@stargate.net>
Subject: RE: Spin-On Oil Filter
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 23:45:10 -0000
Rick Orthen wrote:
Help me here:  How in the world does oil drain out of a filter suspended
at 7 o'clock off the side of the block?

It doesn't - obviously, unless there's a leak from improperly seated sealing
rings. What I omitted to mention is that on my 2000, the adaptor and filter
is at about 2 o'clock. This makes it far easier to remove from the topside
of the engine bay car and there's no drainback because of the anti-drain
valve. It's at 7 o'clock on the PI for the simple fact that the metering
unit is driven off the dizzy ad takes up the space used on the 2000 and the
clutch drybollocks prevent it hanging vertically. Apologies for the obvious
confusion. Regardless of the angle of dangle, all my filters use AD valves

Jonmac