Re: U-Joints & Bearings

To: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>,
Subject: Re: U-Joints & Bearings
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 18:30:01 -0600
  Wait till you try and dive those u-joint out, talk about a b@#$. Don't use
an air chisel, don't ask.
  O.K. I'll tell you since some people might think I did this to my own car.
NO, I didn't do it to someone else's either. I tried to beat them out, but
figured, crap, I'll pay someone to do it, NOT!!! When I was putting the
u-joint in, that's when I saw it, a chip around the metal that holds the
u-joint. Luckily I had three other hub assemblies, two were loose, and one
felt pretty good. It cost $20 to remove 6 u-joints and to screw up one hub. It
could have been worse, if extras weren't at hand. That's what happens when you
pay someone to do the work. That's why I prefer to do it myself, transmission
an differential excluded, but I'll try anything else.

  Oh, well the trials and tribulations of my restoration, that's episode 32
many more to come I'm sure.

I know Halloween is far gone, but anyone else have any horror stories they're
willing to share? You know how it begins, I wasn't me, but I have this friend
that.......

Richard
69 in the works.