Re: KOYO/Sachs clutch kit

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: KOYO/Sachs clutch kit
From: Greg Perry <rgp@ghg.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 00:08:44 -0600
Don,

It all depends on how one treats the beast.  I have driven over 130K on
the same clutch that came with the used vehicle that had 115K when I
bought it and sold it with the same clutch.  All I had to do was adjust
it twice.

I have sold parts for over 15 years.  I have seen parts fail due to
improper installation, abuse by the owner, flat worn out due to it's
life span and sometimes because of a manufacturing defect.

Then again I sold the same part (rear axle shaft for a CJ-5 jeep) every
two to four weeks to a teenager that became quite accomplished at
replacing the axle shaft.  I later found out that he was racing the jeep
with quite large oversized tires.  I guess that he was winning!

Greg Perry