Re: oversteer, understeer, neutral steer...thoughts, theories,

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oversteer, understeer, neutral steer...thoughts, theories,
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 20:35:25 -0800 (PST)
Actually Richard, Mike is right, it is common practice for auto
manufacturers to tune the handling of their cars to understeer.  It's
much safer this way.  If someone goes a bit too quickly into a corner,
the car understeers, driver eases off the gas, and the car is
controllable.  With oversteer, the back end swings out, and everyone
(including oncoming traffic) is in a ton of trouble.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6