Window seal installation questions

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Window seal installation questions
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 22:59:21 -0800
        Folks:

        I have my doors apart to fix a variety of issues, one of which
requires me to remove the weather seals (door waist seals?) for the window
glass.
        The exterior seal went in easily, thanks to some tips that I had
picked up from people here on the list. The inner seal (fuzzy seal) has me
stumped, however. The clips that attach the seal are the issue. How have
people done this one? Would it be best to attached the clips to the seal
first, then attach the clips to the door, or vice versa?
        Also, I am recovering the top of the door interior with new vinyl
moldings from TRF. I am installing the vinyl first, then I presume the fuzzy
seal clips will hold this to the top of the door. When I replace the
interior door panel, the panel will hold the bottom edge of the vinyl in
place. Should I use glue, or will this be sufficient?
        I am also replacing the check straps for the doors. Mine make an
awful bang when I open and close the doors. The first one I installed is
much quieter, but still makes a distinct 'pop' when the door is opened. Any
tips on making these things quieter? Sounds like something breaks every time
the door is opened.
        Lastly, I am replacing the drivers window, as the current window is
deeply scratched due to misaligned guides. I am having difficulty getting
the regulator fitting on the bottom of the window snugly in place. I have it
on half way, but after some gentle taps with a small hammer, it refuses to
go on any further. Any tips on how to get the regulator fitting to fit up
properly to the glass? I am reluctant to whack it with a larger hammer for
obvious reasons...

        Thanks for the help!

        Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow TR6