Re: Leaky Choke

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Leaky Choke
From: William Maslin <cwrm4@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 06:48:42 -0800 (PST)
One of my choke assemblies sometimes gets fairly
"wet", to the point where I can smell fuel in the
garage.

I've tried a fairly wide range of float heights, and
the problem wouldn't go away. Also replaced the float
valve, and then replaced that float valve with a Grose
Jet, and the problem still remained. And I replaced
the choke gasket as well with no luck.

I swapped the offending choke with the other choke and
the problem moved with the choke. Yet I couldn't see
any visible wear, looseness, etc that could have
allowed the problem. I have noticed if I leave the car
parked with the choke "on", I don't get the fuel
seepage. Very frustrating!

Just last week I got lucky on eBay and bought a pair
of NOS choke assemblies for $30, so hopefully these
new chokes will put this problem to rest for good!

William
'74 TR6