RE: Bosch alternator

To: "David Friedlander" <forzion@maine.rr.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bosch alternator
From: "Steve Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 11:45:09 -0800
Dave,

The only place the alternator goes it through the ampmeter to the battery.
The ampmeter on my '72 will go to the peg with a dead battery and full
charge, so i'd assume that your new 55Amp will do it harder.  If the heavy
wire (brown/white??) is "hard" I'd replace it with new all the way from the
alternator to the battery.  I found my wire was most damaged on the back of
the ampmeter.  The lugs they use do not really transfer current that well.

Just my 2 cents worth

Steve
tr6@kc4sw.com