part cross reference

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: part cross reference
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 13:27:24 -0700
Some of you may have a document that provides cross-references from one
british application to another.  I am looking for the cupped seal for
the brake MC piston for a late TR6.  Basically I won a NOS repair kit on
EBAY a year ago and it turned out it was missing this seal.  Since these
seals only come in kits from the Big 3, I would have to plunk down
another $25 to get a new kit.  I was wondering if there was a way to
cross-reference this seal to some other application that uses a less
expensive kit.  If it helps, TRF shows this item as a part #517025  (its
item 65 in the brake section of the blue book), and its for a MC with a
0.81" bore.  A long shot would be if someone on the list has an extra
seal they would be willing to part with, but it may be asking for a
miracle.  Any help appreciated.

John Lumia - 1976 TR6