Re: Click in rear wheel

To: Mark Riddle <dunamis6@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Click in rear wheel
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:31:33 -0400
Hi Mark,

Sorry... I was not clear and complete in my question.

The frame is off, or almost off, and the car is in pieces, so I can't
really try any simple fixes now.

I do not have the rear suspension apart yet, but I plan to take it apart
to replace the u-joints and bushings.

So, should I just replace the u-joints and bushings and hope the click
was something simple or have the hubs rebuilt now rather than wait for
everything to be put back together and then rebuild the hubs.

I expect the hub rebuild is expensive, so I would rather not do it
unless I have to. Which says wait and see what happens.

FWIW the wheels are the original steel with the rostyle caps, and I can
remember the creaky sound they would make. It's not that. This was was
definitely a one click per revolution kind of sound. But, bad wheel
bearings I have had on other cars, were more rumbley and a constant kind
of sound. Not a single click per revolution.

Just thought I ask in case it was something obvious. It's probably not.

Don