Re: gunst bearing install

To: STEPHEN KIRSIS <sakirsis@txucom.net>
Subject: Re: gunst bearing install
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:50:23 -0400
Hi Steven,

I have had occasion to discuss this very issue with Joachim Gunst. He
has discussed it with the manufacturer, and they have said the the load
on the bearing (spring) is critical even to the extent that the bearing
may be damaged if not installed with the correct load (per the
instructions). I would strongly recommend that you install the spring
per the instructions.

The fact that the spring has been modified complicates the situation.
Perhaps Nelson knows the load pressure. I do not. I can contact Joachim
and ask if you want. Of course you can contact him yourself. Perhaps you
need another spring. I can ask for one when the next order arrives, but
I have no ETA for it at this time.

Perhaps someone who has the bearing installed could measure the spring
pressure?

Don Malling