Exhaust mounting help?

To: "triumph list" <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exhaust mounting help?
From: "Vito Pacione" <vito@argohouston.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 10:10:50 -0500
I have a 1974 TR6 with the welded on brackets on the front exhaust pipes.
According the parts books, I am supposed to have a bracket on this welded on
bracket that bolts on to the rear transmission bracket. My car does not have
this bracket. Is this normal on some cars, or was it taken off?

I am also going to be changing this over to an overdrive car and the parts
books shows yet a different manual that  bolts to the exhaust and then to the
studs on the rear of the overdrive. Are these normally found on overdrive
cars? Can someone take a photo of this setup?? THe books are really not clear
how this bracket mounts.

Thanks!!