Re: Tire size on TR250

To: bamxn@triad.rr.com
Subject: Re: Tire size on TR250
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 13:53:21 +0000
Bruce:

This is a much discussed subject for the TR250/TR6.  It is GENERALLY known
that 205/70/R15 is the closest replacement for the 185X15 stock size tire.
The tire is not quite as tall as the original so you'll experience about
1/10 mile discrepancy in your speedo but it puts more rubber on the road.  I
installed a set of Pirelli P400 touring tires this past January on my '69
TR6 and I'm very pleased with the results; no rubbing and a more positive
ride.  Definitely a wider tire than the original.  FWIW-my 2 cents worth.
Other Listers have used different tires with good results.

Best regards,
Walt Fogle
'69 TR6
Woodinville, WA