Anti-Roll Bar Link Question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Anti-Roll Bar Link Question
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 00:48:33 -0400
Hi List,

I am slowly getting closer to starting to put the right front suspension back
on, just a little more cleaning, then paint, the reassembly.  I was checking
the fit of some pieces tonight and thought I would pass along a question.

The new anti-roll bar links came today and I was looking at how the poly bushes
fit onto the link.  The link comes with a metal sleeve which the rubber bushes
that came with it fit snuggly over.  The poly bushes dont seem to fit.  The
metal sleeve just seems a little too big.  What has been the experience of
others?  Should I remove the metal sleeve?  I did test fit the bushes without
the metal sleeve and there was a little play between the bushes and the link.
Should I try to force the bushes over the metal sleeve, or does it require
enlarging the hole in the bush?

The old rubber bushes that I removed were really toast.  The new rubber look
like they will be an extremely tight fit, and the poly bushes dont look like
they will compress enough to get the nut on.  Any experience or words of wisdom
about this?

The new links match exactly with the ones taken from the car.  The poly bushes
were purchased from BP Northwest.  (I liked my experience with them except the
fact that none of the bushes are marked as to their application.  I can figure
it out, but wish they would have marked each bag.)

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Aaron