Re: Differential Trivia

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Differential Trivia
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 15:34:37 -0400
Dick yo are correct.  The easier way yet is to raise the vehicle.  Block
1 wheel so it can't turn.  Mark the driveshaft adn the other whee./
 Rotate the driveshaft, counting turns, until youget 1 full turn of the
wheel.  Multiply the dirveshaft turn count by 2 and you have ratio.
Example - a not quite 2 turns of the driveshaft is a 3.7, 1 3/4 turns is
a 3.45 adn justover 2 turns is a 4.1.  This will work for any open diff
but willnto work with awelded or limited slip.  Ted

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx@bright.net