6" A/R Wheels + Tire Size

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 6" A/R Wheels + Tire Size
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 19:30:46 EDT
HI guys,
I have done it and signed up with MotoMotion to restore my 4-spoke A/R's to
like new condition.  Yep, I am finally going to chuck those Michelin Redlines
on the TR6 and try a set of real tires.

Sorry but I never really paid any attention to the tire sizes being
discussed. Now the A/R's being 6" and .5" wider than the stock 5.5" concerns
me a bit.  I would not want new tires to lower the Six a lot or look like
giant Meats.  I would still want the speedo to read somewhere in the vicinity
of correct so am I looking for 205-70-15's or 205-60-15's?  Will these sizes
fit on 6" rims?  I still like Michelin Tires and there seems to be a large
selection of 60 series tires and not much for 70 series. Need to place an
order with Tire Rack pronto and I can drop ship to MotoMotion and be rolling
on new rubber by next week.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Darrell