Good mufflers for the TR6

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good mufflers for the TR6
From: "Rex Townsend" <rrt@connectexpress.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 18:26:56 -0700
Hi all,
        About a year and a half ago I picked up an almost new Monza exhaust
system
(from a swap meet - I should have asked why the guy wanted to get rid of
it!) and installed it on my '69.  My car still has the original engine with
the older style cylinder head, but I had changed over to the newer split
style exhaust manifold.  Anyway, I hated the sound of the Monza system from
the first time that I fired it up.  The thing was, though, I sure could feel
a lot of difference in the top end from the stock muffler so I lived with
that droning, old-truck sound at the lower revs up until now.  Anyway, I
just installed two new Hooker Aero-Chamber mufflers in place of the whole
rear end of the Monza system - I cut the pipes before the bullet glass packs
and had new pipes cut and welded in to mate up with the new mufflers.  Boy,
is the sound sure sweet.  It purrs at low revs and light throttle, and then
lets out a beautiful snarl when I put the foot in it.  I sure recommend
these mufflers.  They have no stuffing or fiberglass to burn out and are
fully welded.  I got them mail order from the Jegs high performance parts
catalog.

Rex Townsend