cleaning brake lines for switch from DOT4 to Silicon

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: cleaning brake lines for switch from DOT4 to Silicon
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 11:37:11 -0400
I've attempted to replace all my brake lines as part of my TR250 frame
off restoration, but the master cylinder to PDWA for the rear system
brake line is back ordered at TRF and listed as Not Avaliable at Moss.
Looks like I will have to use the old one.

Is there anything I should do to rinse the old one out before switching
to Silicon. I expect not, but I thought I would ask just to make sure.

Also, any suggestions on where I might get the master cylinder to PDWA
(rear brakes) brake line. Seems odd that this one would not be available
-- is there something special about it -- just an odd length?

Thanks,

Don Malling