Re: I found a cheap MGA

To: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>
Subject: Re: I found a cheap MGA
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 20:22:51 -0700
Joe,

Have you driven an MGA?  I drove a convertible a long time ago and it was
really fun to drive.  It had very direct steering, great short-throw
"snick-snick" gear lever action and made a nice sound.  Also, the leather
aroma can be wonderful.  Come to think of it, my older sister's boyfriend
had a fairly new red one in about 1958 and I had my first exposure to a
sports car when I rode my bike up to it and stopped and smelled the fabulous
leather aroma wafting out of the cockpit on that warm summer day.

Later our teenage neighbor, Ricky Bush, gave me a ride home from school
before I could drive.  His MGA was red, too.  When I asked him why he didn't
wear his seatbelt he told me that, in case of an accident, it is best to be
thrown clear.  At the time I thought that was one of the most amazing things
I'd ever heard.  Maybe he had been observing the career of Masten Gregory,
the great bailout artist.  For more about Masten:

http://www.geocities.com/mastoidfan/mg.html

Gary
'73