Alternate lifters for 6 cylinder

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternate lifters for 6 cylinder
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 10:28:21 -0400
This from Ken Gillanders (for the 6 cylinder)...

Don, That article was some time ago. We were using a ford tappet
from a 390 V8 . They were made by Johnson Tappet. That particular
tappet was discontinued & the replacement was not thich enough
to survive cutting down from .875 to .800". We then found a tappet
from a fiat truck that was about .830", Made from a superior materal
& Ground down fine. We used them for about a year & they were
discontinued & our supply ran out. Currently, we have 2 solutions
1 a production tappet from Britain &  boring out the block to take
a .875 Tappet. We havent had much in the way of problems with
the British tappet & it seems like all the others are made in Korea,China
Turkey, India & Shrj Lanka.

Ken

Article he is referencing:
http://www.linkline.com/personal/koblinger/trsc/tech%20articles/tappets.htm