Dismantling a tachometer

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Dismantling a tachometer
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 23:43:32 +0000

I've had the worst luck with tachometers lately.  To make a long story short
how do you remove the indicator needle from the mechanical TR6 tachometer?
The removal of the works from the gauge face is obvious by removing the two
small screws on the front of the face; but how does one remove the screw and
weight(?) that will allow removal of the needle from the actual tach shaft?
(this seems pretty fragile, too)

I ask this because I want to swap out a working instrument from a GT6 tach
and marry it to my TR6 gauge face and housing.  Please tell me this is
do-able!

Thanks and best regards,
Walt Fogle
woodinville, WA