RE:Fan extension bolts

To: 6pack digest <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:Fan extension bolts
From: Chuck Arnold <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 06:17:38 -0700
I copied this a while ago.  I also found someone in Maine who makes a
kit for about $32.  Am still looking for the name/address:

TR fan extension bolt.
This appears to be if you eliminate the fan extension entirely.
Make sure the new bolt is not so long that it bottoms out on the end of
the
crank. Use a mild steel washer at least 1/8 thick which fits the bolt
diameter exactly on the inside and the recess on the pulley on the
outside.
Have a machinist make one if necessary.  1.5 inch by 5/8 18 thread bolt
and 3 large
thick washers to take up the space that the extension held and one
smaller 5/8
washer to hold them in place.
Use plenty of Loctite when assembling.

Chuck

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
chuck.arnold.vcf]