Re: Tires: 215/70 v. 205/70? (replacing bad Cokers)

To: cwrm4@yahoo.com (William Maslin)
Subject: Re: Tires: 215/70 v. 205/70? (replacing bad Cokers)
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:07:45 -0700 (PDT)
William---I believe the 215's are pushing it for the stock wheel. I have
gone thru a pair 215's on the rear, and found that this tire width gets
pulled up at the outside corners when properly inflated. (30psi was
recommended) The centers of the tires were wearing faster than the
corners. To stop this trend, I lowered the psi down to 25 for the rest
of the tire life. Those that like this softer feel might be happy having
the looks of the wider-than-205's on the car. Greater steering effort
would be required on the front wheels at low/no speeds.

Dick