Two TR250 issues

To: "6pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Two TR250 issues
From: Andrew Packard <apackard68@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:00:43 -0400
Hello list:
Another brainteaser for the group.

When I hit 70 mph on the interstate (that's freeway to the west coasters) and
ease off of the accelerator, there is a vibration that rumbles the entire car.
It may be coming from the front right, but I feel the vibration in the soles of
my shoes.  When I accelerate again, the rumble is mitigated, but still somewhat
present.  Is it possible that my spindle nut is a hair loose and is only
apparent at higher speeds?  Unbalanced drive shaft or a stub axle problem was
my other thought, but it really seems to come from that front R side.  Anyone
want to lean out the window and put their ear to the handle of a BA screwdriver
and see where the vibration is coming from?  Any thoughts are welcome.

Issue number two is an unusual amount of exhaust smoke when I'm coasting at
2500+ rpms.  In my rear view mirror I see white exhaust smoke coming out and
when I depress the accel. pedal again, a puff of white smoke comes out and
everything is back to normal.  I know I'm risking getting the response of
having to pull the engine and rebuild it all, but I guess I needed a winter
project to budget and schedule.  Thanks for the help on number two, as well.

Andy
CD6521L
Working on the Triumph tan now that the sun is finally shining.
Baltimore, MD