Re: Fresh Engine Start-up Advice

To: jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fresh Engine Start-up Advice
From: Gameparker@cs.com
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 23:25:00 EDT
Jim,
how's a quart of oil every 600 miles grab ya!  Yep, after about 5000 miles of
this I pulled the head and took a good look and saw bore walls with a
super-hard super-shiny glaze to them.  Actually thought about buying a
dingle-ball
honer and dropping the pistons and de-glazing it myself, but I decided to go
the
full rebuild route (the bore dimensions were at their max for stock pistons
and rings).  Coughed up the extra 200 to get the engine balanced because of
vibration at about 5000 rpm - but in following a topic on what seems to be my
very same problem, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll continue to have the same
problem.  Anyway that's my issue in a nutshell.
Thanks,
Geoff